Rss Feed

RIP Cory Aquino and more random rants.

I woke up with the sound of the door opening and the voice of my mom talking on her mobile phone as I followed her to her room to use the C.R., she told me the news that Corazon Aquino is dead. I thought it was a dream, I am always stunned with news about death, when I returned back to my bed I then took a moment of silence and prayed for her soul. A few minutes after, my dad called and asked me where my brother was, his phone cannot be reached and he didn't notify anyone that he wouldn't be sleeping at either my dad our the mabolo house. It was an odd morning today, slightly melancholic or I don't know....

2009 is the year when a lot of great people have passed away and I always told everyone that I hope Tita Cory wouldn't pass away this year, I still think that the people of the Philippines need her for moral and spiritual guidance especially in this phase that were going through (the upcoming elections, the birth of conass etc.). But I guess it was about time and with all the things that she has done for her countrymen and the inspiration she has given to many people around the world, I would say that she's one of the very few blessed individuals who has lived a life of righteousness to the fullest. Let her soul rest in peace.

It a Saturday and I'm home, trying to finish the papers for our application for accreditation. I missed the Sarah G and Up Dharma Down concert last night but it was alright, I didn't feel like going out after a hearty spur of the moment dinner with Pia at Don Juan. (By the way, I will be doing a Resto Rave about Don Juan whenever I have the time and my Mamma Maria pizza experience).

I'm quite frustrated cause I couldn't find the USB cable for my mobile phone to my computer. I think I lost or misplaced it somewhere with my coin purse that has my flash drive in it. I'm still not giving up, if my Tuesday I couldn't find it, I'll have to buy a new one.

Speaking off purchases, I did my groceries last friday as I have noticed that there were no food in the fridge. Doing the groceries is a love-hate thing. Why? Cause I just love going through the aisles and looking for what stuff to buy, trying to remember the essentials and stopping the urge to purchase those that I don't really need. I ended up buying 2 bags full of junk food and a bag of what I really need. The hate part? It's burning my money!!!! Urgh....

Yes, my friends stephanie will hate me once she sees all the junk food that I have stored in my room. Sometimes it can be too lazy to cook real food, so I end up just munching on junk.

It's august, I do remember telling myself to put on my GOAL SETTING CAP. I don't really want to check the weighing scale cause I'm afraid to see that I've actually gained the weight that I lost a few months ago. Then again, this time I will have to be serious in pursuing the promises that I told myself that I would do once August comes. So starting monday, no more unnecessary absences from school and no more slacking off. I need to be serious with this people!

Anyway, I have to leave now. I need some shut eye cause I have an appointment tomorrow with other CAMS member, I think were guesting on the local game show, Kapamilya Winner Ka. I seriously don't know what to expect for tomorrow if I'll be playing or just be watching others play but its gonna be something new for me.

Toodles everyone. TYVM.

Parting Shots:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

Mary Frye (1932)

0 comments:

Post a Comment